Frequently Asked Questions

Click on the questions to reveal the answers.
  • How do I know if I have a claim?
The fastest way to see if you might be able to make a claim is to talk to one of our specialist advisers over the phone. You can reach them on 0800 0096 222
  • I can't afford to instruct a solicitor can I still make a claim?
Yes. The Care Review Bureau was specifically set up to assist people in that situation. We make no upfront charges for our service and we instruct solicitors at our cost. We only look to recover the cost of our services if we are successful in recovering your monies, we then link our fees to the amount of money we recover for you, to ensure you receive value for money.
  • My mother is unable to make the claim herself because of her illness, can I make the claim on her behalf?
Yes, you can make a claim on behalf of a relative if they are unable to claim themselves. To do this you will need to ensure you have power of attorney for the person you wish to claim for.
  • My father, who has since passed away, was placed in a nursing home and asked to pay fees but I think he was unfairly assessed, can I make a claim to have his estate reimbursed with the cost of the care?
Yes, the majority of claims that are being made are related to loved ones that have passed away.
  • I have already appealed to my local primary care trust (PCT) against their decision not to fund my nursing home, can I still appeal with you?
Yes. Many PCTs in the recent past were using incorrect criteria in their assessments, our team are trained to be able to identify inadequacies in the PCT’s assessment process and our legal team will pursue your claim with vigour.
  • What information do I need to supply you with to move forward with making a claim?
Initially one of our advisers will have an informal talk with you regarding your experience. Once we have made an initial assessment of your case we would need your permission to collect medical records and sometime financial records, allowing us to look at the case in more detail. We would also offer you a “no win no fee agreement”, which ensures you would not pay for the work we carry out unless you receive a refund of the care home costs.
  • How long does this process take?
Assessment of your case will take no longer than 7 days. The length of time it takes a claim for the repayment of unfairly paid fees depends on the complexity of each individual case but we aim to reach a conclusion within 6 months but it can take longer in some cases.
  • Can I stop paying my care home fees once I have your assessment saying I should be receiving help for my continuing care costs?
We strongly advise that you continue payment until your case has been dealt with by your Primary Care Trust. Failure to do so may result in a termination of services.
To talk with one of our team call
0800 0096 222
£250,000 victory for war veteran who sold home to pay care bill that NHS should never have charged him
March 20, 2010 | Mail Online | Read More

Beryl wins fight over care costs
January 19, 2010 | The Shields Gazette | Read More

Can you claim back care home fees?
October 14, 2009 | BBC: The One Show | Read More

NHS forced to refund £350,000 fees to grieving families
August 19, 2009 | Mail Online | Read More

Family Wins Nursing Fees
August 12, 2009 | BBC News | Read More

Thankyou for contacting the Care Review Bureau.

We have successfully recieved your information and one of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible.